Monday, March 20, 2017

Enter To Win Free Books

Dear Friends & Fans,

I continually deal with many misconceptions from my readers about the publishing business, the biggest of which is that becoming a published author equates with wealth. Alas, it does not. For those of you who are still hanging in there and reading my books after so many years, you can be grateful that I need to keep writing in order to earn a paycheck, otherwise it would be tempting to stop—especially given my ongoing battle with pain and illness every day. I’ve found through the last few projects that I feel like my own worst enemy: I have to write something that will be good enough to compete with the works of Anita Stansfield, and some of those books were pretty darn good; some better than others, of course. Each time I embark upon a new project I wonder if I really have what it takes to come up with another good story, relatable characters, and some twists and turns. If I come up with anything good, I owe it all to divine intervention; there are surely angels helping me do what I do. Otherwise, it would be impossible. I never want to stop writing, but doing it under pressure is difficult.  
Moving along, for those of you who have endured reading my occasional emails and especially those of you who read my blog entries, you know that I am pretty straightforward about the challenges in my life. I don’t feel ashamed or embarrassed about my physical challenges, my depression and anxiety, nor in admitting that given these challenges—along with both my husband and myself being cancer survivors—financial challenges have been a big part of my life, and these most recent years have been especially difficult. And now I have a daughter heading off to college and then a mission. The irony is that I have worked so hard to write books that I truly believe are good enough to be competitive out in the world, and that they could sell a great deal more if only people became more aware. So, that’s where I’m turning to you, my most devoted and loving fans, and asking for some help.
It’s no secret that social media is the pathway these days to spreading the word about a product—any product. Also, in the book business, reviews on amazon or other book sights can make a huge difference in the way that books gain attention. So, I’m humbly asking for your assistance in giving this a big push to see if it will help, but I’m willing to offer the enticement of giving you the opportunity to win a free book for your efforts. And each thing you do (amounting to only seconds of effort) gives you another opportunity to win. And there can be dozens of opportunities. For each thing you do, your name goes in the drawing.
So, here’s how it works . . . .
Just make a list of everything you did to help promote or spread the word about my books (I will assume you are telling me the truth) and email it to stansfieldwriter@gmail.com
Your list should be something like this:
I posted a review on amazon for “The Captain of Her Heart” (Buchanan Saga)
(There are five books in the Buchanan Saga, so you have five opportunities. 
For each review your name goes in the drawing.)
I posted a review on amazon for “Behind the Mask” (Horstberg Saga)
(Again, this saga has five books;
remember it’s under the pseudonym Elizabeth D. Michaels)
I posted a review on amazon for “Color of Love”
. . . . and “The Heir of Brownlie Manor”
. . . . and “Legally and Lawfully Yours”
Etc. Etc. Etc.
(You can also add your name again to the drawing by doing social media posts)
I shared the link to horstbergsaga.com on Facebook (or Instagram, or Twitter, etc.)
I started following you on Instagram (@horstbergwriter)

I started following you on Twitter (Anita Stansfield)
I got a friend to start following you on Twitter or Instagram
I joined the Anita Stansfield Fan Club Facebook page
I got a friend to join the Anita Stansfield Fan Club Facebook page
I liked the Anita Stansfield Facebook page
I liked the Elizabeth D. Michaels Facebook page
I got a friend to do the same, etc. etc. You get the idea.
(I have three Facebook pages; they all have a castle photo across the top) 

If you have any questions about this, email me at the address listed above. Any and every review you post would be greatly appreciated, as well as anything you can do to help spread the word on social media. If there is a particular book you’ve liked take a minute to mention it on social media. Then send me an email and put it on your list and your name will go in the drawing as many times as you would like. And reviews on amazon are immensely helpful! 
If your name is drawn and you’re a winner, I will send you an autographed and personalized copy of one of my novels. (Sorry, but this is limited to the continental United States.) Or I will email you a Kindle copy of one of my books. The choice is yours and you can let me know your preference when I email you. 
I’m writing this very early in the morning with a headache, so I hope it’s making sense. I’ll look forward to your emails, and thank you in advance to those of you who take even a few minutes to help me out.
God bless, Anita

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had read many of your books, but then I became involved reading another authors books. I found you again when I started listen to your auto book on The Brierly Saga that I borrowed from the library in West Valley, UT. I listen to it on my car radio on my way to CO. I became so interested in it that I wanted the next auto tape in the series but so learned that the library here in Rifle, CO. did not carry or books or your auto tape. I was caught on knowning what took place next in the story that I ordered the rest of the series on auto tape from Deseret Books. I have found that the stories you tell flame my interest and so when ever I get home and can go to my library I try and check out as many tapes I can, some time they are over due because I have them with me on my trips to CO. Please continue to write and I pray that your health and that of your husbands will continue to improve. I know what it's like to have pain, I have fibromyalgia and have had some bouts with depression, and family problems. But I truly enjoy your books.
Thank You for being there when your readers need you.