Thursday, December 20, 2012

On the eighth day of Christmas Anita gave to me . . .

A sweet tidbit from the Captain’s Rose . . .

It took Jayce a moment to accept how completely straightforward she was, as opposed to her sister who had seemed to take pleasure in keeping her thoughts from him. When her words finally sunk in, he took a step toward her and lifted a finger. “Let me make one point perfectly clear, Miss O’Shaugnessy. I take no accountability for anything my cousin might have said or implied in his drunken state, but I was perfectly sober when I belted him in the mouth for his unfavorable comments about you, and I deeply meant it when I said that you are a lady in the truest sense, and I would gladly contend with any man who said otherwise.”
Kate looked into his eyes, seeing clearly the genuine anger there—not against her, but on her behalf. It was the same anger that had initially provoked him to strike his cousin in her defense. She found herself briefly lost in his eyes as she recalled Timothy’s next words. You see, you do love her.

No comments: