Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is Romance, Really?


I am known to be a romantic. I love Jane Austen movies and books with happy endings. In fact, I somehow ended up in the business of romance. In the Mormon book world, I’m called the queen of romance, and I’ve been touted as the number one best-selling LDS romance author for about 15 years now.

The truth is that I am definitely a romantic. I won’t deny it. However, I’m not especially fond of romance novels. I set out to contradict a lot of the stereotypes of romance novels — at least the kind that most people think of when they hear the term. I prefer to call it “relationship fiction,” but there’s no such section in any bookstore.

After researching and writing more than 50 books with relationships at the heart of them, I’ve learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t. I write about people who fall in love...

To read more, click HERE to go to the Deseret News Article.

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great article and I love that you shared those aspects that should be part of our lives with our loved ones.

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Loved the article! You're always an inspiration.

Lena Baron said...

Great Suggestions Anita! Thank you!

stacie said...

I love this article! And love that you are so willing to share your thoughts. Thanks!